Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Conversation with Will

Jan '06
3.5 years old

"Mom, I don't love God." as he climbs up in my lap clearly wanting my attention and with something on his mind.

"You don't? What do you mean?"

Silence.

"You know that God made you and takes care of you and He loves you very much."

Nods, more silence, obviously thinking.

"Mommy and Daddy love God and we want to please Him by doing His will and He promised to take us to heaven to live with Him forever if we are His children."

"I want to go to heaven."

"Do you love God and want to make Him happy?"

"Yes, I love God. I want to make Him happy. I want to go to heaven like mommy and daddy and Heather and Rose."

"I'm glad Will."

Hugs, sniffles.... oh, motherhood is the best job in all the world! :D

You know, something in him is changed since that day. He is much more ready to obey (we have discussed how his job is to obey mommy and daddy like God says in the Bible), he is more cheerful and secure also. Is three years old too young? I don't think so.

No comments: