Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My hair has been changing a lot over the years, coarser, thicker and wavier.  It was to the point that it was constantly frizzy and I started doing some research about how to take better care of it... turns out that when I work with it, it can be fairly curly!

There is a hair type scale where you can rate your hair type and then get more info on caring for it.  Fascinating!  So, I am a 2C with hopes of being a 3A once my hair is healthy and the waves/curls are more defined.

There is a book and website devoted to "curlies".  :-)

Curly Girl - amazon link to a book written by Lorraine Massey and Deborah Chiel.


Curly Girl Method link has lots of info on the "no poo" curly girl way of caring for your hair.


My favorite site is http://www.naturallycurly.com for more information!  I will update as I learn to love my hair more.  :-)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely a 3a or b. Lucy is a 3a/b. She is always getting tangles. We recently had her hair done in big layers with face framing hoping that would cut down on the tangles. I never thought of using a satin pillowcase before, but I'm certainly going to look into it for Lucy now!