Friday, June 15, 2007

Overload

It's been a busy week. Wednesday was Rose's birthday and Tom had scheduled us for a training seminar on internet sales in Roanoke, so we took the kids and met my mom and Oscar there. Mom had a little party for Rose at the park and then took the kids to her house while Tom, Oscar and I attended the training. It was informative, not sure that we are ready to start another business here though! Got some good info on getting an 800 number and answering service though. We'll see what happens, I'd have to get some wonderful idea on what to sell and it would have to be about $0 start-up, LOL! Anyway, Wed night we drove to mom's with Oscar and stayed the night and most of the day Thursday. It was relaxing and there was yummy food and lots of playtime for the kids. We went up to Oscar's shop "Hebrews Fine Coffee" in WV and visited with my baby brother Justin for a bit before heading home.

Our van was in the shop so we had to rent one for the trip... it was a very, very nice brand new mini-van and we enjoyed the drive quite a bit. :-) Thankfully, the terrible "shudder" that our van was doing was not as major as we thought and we just had to replace a tire and were also able to get the window gear fixed and the hvac selector switch working again - hooray!

Tomorrow is Rose's birthday party with friends and family here. We are going to the park and just eating cake and ice cream and playing lots. Amanda is having a yard sale, but I am not sure that I can get things together in time to join her which I am dissapointed about. There are so many things that I need to clear out! Oh well, to freecycle or Goodwill they go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amber! It's great to read about what you've been doing on your blog & see pictures of Tom & the kids. Tom looks very much the same and the kids are beautiful! You need to put a recent picture of yourself in too!!!

Mary